now that was a rough

week.  Strep throat is one of the worst.  I hate it.  I've always been the type to catch a sore throat when at all possible and I've always dreaded it but topping it off with fever just plain sucks.  It's not so much the lying in bed with aches and chills, tylenol and a few blankets can put a temporary hold on that.  Now the throat pain is always severe and I do hate it.  One thing that doesn't make any of it better is knowing that as soon as I'm good enough to get around, I have to strip and wash all the bedding (as well as any other laundry I've missed the three days stuck in bed).  Oh, and the kitchen...  Even though I haven't been cooking, there's a guaranteed mess.  The morning I went to the doctor I came out of the bedroom to find take-out bags and cups littered across the island with dishes in the sink and 5-10 empty 2-liter Coke bottles.  ugh.  I turned around and ignored it all.

Later that day after I'd been diagnosed, medicated and sleeping off another round of fever, I heard Eric in the kitchen.  I heard a new garbage sack going into the can... and then filled.  I heard water running and dishes knocking around.  Eventually my door opened and Eric asked how to start the dishwasher!  This was a first.  I was as excited as one could be while lying in bed feeling miserable.  I explained to him the simple steps of putting the soap in the two compartments and then selecting the NORM WASH cycle.  Ahh, I went back to sleep.

As expected, the following day I was a little better.  I got up and made a few rounds through the house.  I walked into a now clean kitchen and smiled as I knew I had one less task to be done.  Saturday came around and I began to tackle everything I knew had to be done.  I started with the bedding and loaded it up on the sanitary cycle.  I made my way to the kitchen and decided I would unload the dishes Eric was so kind to wash the other day.  Once opening the dishwasher, I noticed a couple of the glasses had a film over them.  No big deal, I'd rinse them off and send them back through the washer.  I noticed some blue spots on some of the plates.  Fine, I just ran everything through again.  But why were there blue spots?  My Cascade is white.  This was clearly a blue gel on the dishes.  At that moment I realized I didn't clarify which soap is used in the dishwasher.
Oh well, there was no harm done and I cleared everything up with Eric on the difference in dish soaps but mainly I'm still just so happy he attempted to help without being asked.