when it rains

it pours.  (Unfortunately, I'm not referring to the weather right now.)  First thing this morning my "Brake Wear - Take Car to Shop" light came on.  Figures.  Luckily my in-house mechanic will fix that problem next weekend when Dad comes down.  Fine, problem solved.  I had a lot of errands to run today and for some reason I was determined to make today my "get everything done" day.  So, the day was winding down and Eric and I pulled into the driveway.  When he got out to get the garbage can, he heard a tire rapidly losing air.  Wonderful.  Our in-house mechanic jacked up the car so I could drive it down to get patched.

Or, maybe not.  If you're the type to have perfect upkeep on your car, you might want to look away.

Ouch.

The bad news is my tire can't be patched because, well, there's nothing there to patch.  More bad news is I ordered my tires this afternoon so they won't be in until Monday.

The good news is all my errands have been run.  More good news is I am able to wait until Monday for new tires and not be left in a bind (knock on wood).  This means I get a better deal on tires as opposed to having to rush down to NTW and pay double.