it was so funny

when we first arrived at Chickasaw. (Yes, I know this isn't exactly in order but hey... it's my story and I'll do it how I please.) We're driving through this forest area. We approach an intersection and can only go one way. There's a sign just this side of the road reading "caution, water over road". I panic (can we all say "Grandma"). I tell Mom we can't make it and we need to turn around... in the rv... with a big triangle for a median. Mom listens to me. (First of all, what do I know? I've never owned, much less driven an rv!) She proceeds to make the possibly disastrous u-turn. No need to describe the tension in the rv at this point. All fingers pointed at me. Luckily, a park ranger is on our tail and stops her midway to help. As traffic builds up on both sides, he helps us through. Once done, I have no choice but to say the long-running inside joke between the Brandt/Adame group, "that's what you get for listening to me". Afterwards, we found a parking space and went to hideout for a while. We joked the whole trip about everybody being on the lookout for that crazy rv.

Remember yesterday's post from the hike? Well, we took a wrong turn and had to back out of that. We laughed because a little truck pulled in behind us, saw us backing up and then hauled arse to get out of there (in reverse). It was funny.

Now I leave you with pictures from the u-turn. Here's Mom taking direction from the park ranger.
Here's traffic building up on my side.
This is the intersection.
The view that freaked me out. By the way, I couldn't sit in the passenger seat at this point. Eric and I traded spots. I couldn't stand to watch. It wasn't as severe as I thought. My bad.