sometimes i can't

help but laugh.  I was standing at the kitchen sink this morning when I noticed the pot for this topiary was scratched.  Wait, that's not a scratch...
that's a break.  I moved it a little and sure enough it was in two pieces.  While on the way to school I gave Eric a "you're so busted" look.  He asked what the look was for and I told him I saw the topiary.  He asked me what topiary was.  When I said it's the plant on the counter between the living room and kitchen, he smiled.  He told me he wouldn't be mad if it were him, he would be in awe because that thing has been balancing up there for three weeks and hasn't fallen. Again, I couldn't help but laugh.
I never broke anything like that.  If I did, I would've started crying and confessed.  Oh sure, I knew kids who did similar things.  I'd experienced this with cousins before but it was their mother's stuff.  Oh yeah, Lauren did this kind of stuff, but never me.  This all reminds me of another situation. One morning around 3:00 I heard a noise and laughter from Eric and his friends.  The next morning I went to Eric's room and asked what that loud noise was in the middle of the night.  Eric was curled up, resting against the wall.  When he moved I saw this spot. He told me he rolled over so hard in the middle of the night his hip went through the wall.  You know what's sad?  I believed it.  He eventually told the truth.  They were playing around pretty rough in the middle of the night and apparently someone went flying against the wall.
Here's a closer view.
I don't even want to know what's next.