here are those

seagulls I was talking about yesterday.


I was the only person out at the beach that morning.  Let me start by saying I am terrified of water but there are times when I really like the beach.  Everything was fine.  I'd been out there for at least half an hour.  All of a sudden it hit.  I saw the line where the water had been a little earlier from the high tide, glanced at the jetties and realized all the water standing on the other side and saw I was out there all alone.  Panic hit. I grabbed my camera bag, cupped my hands around my eyes (it helps if I can't see the water and block it out) and ran.  I should mention that it wasn't easy to run and climb back up the jetty rocks with all my stuff while in flip flops, especially during panic mode.  There was one man on the jetties and I'm pretty sure he thought I had problems but I didn't care.  As soon as I got back up to the parking lot I was better.  Man.  I'm getting worked up just thinking about it.  When I got in the car I saw this one-legged seagull standing here.  I had to get a picture of him too.