I was going to share a

"garden" update but decided I needed to vent a little instead.  I almost turned to fb, but Cosme reeled me back in before I let loose on everyone.  The bottom line is, I'm sick of a bunch of stuff.  I don't know where to start so I guess I'll just start anywhere.  Also, totally out of character, there might be some not so nice language to follow.

 

I'll start with masks.  I'm sick of masks just like everyone, but I get it, they help.  Are they 100% effective?  No, but nothing is.  As happy as some people are for the mask mandate to be lifted as of next Wednesday, I think it's too soon.  I know we have to move on at some point, but I still think we need a little more time.  I'm a little irritated with the people who act like a mask is ruining their lives.  Get over it and move on.  I'll still wear a mask because I know there's still some serious stuff floating around and my dad still has some serious stuff to go through. Neither of my parents can get sick right now and I'm going to do whatever I can to help.  So, excuse me for loving my parents and wanting my family to be well.  And if you have a problem with it, then fuck you. 


You know what would make things a lot better?  Closing the border and not letting covid-positive people loose to help spread what's trying to be "stopped".  Hmm, makes you wonder how bad they're trying to stop it.  Our government is a top notch shit show.  Nobody is looking out for the American people and it's disgusting.  We have a bunch of sorry ass politicians not giving one single shit for anyone but themselves and their pocket books.  They're pathetic and I have zero respect.  The horror of it is, they're going to keep going.  The bullshit needs to stop.


Speaking of politics, I'm sick of it being everywhere.  Look, it's made its way to my blog.  I'm sick of social media.  I'm sick of the hypocrites calling out people who have different views and being assholes about it.  I guess what makes it so bad is that I have some genuine sons-of-bitches on my friend list.  Let me tell you, I'm about at my limit.  Am I going to end up being one of those clowns who starts unfriending and blocking?  (I try to listen to Cosme when he says "it's just facebook", but these are people I selected or requested to be friends with.)  I wouldn't be unfriending because of their world views though.  I don't care what they do or don't believe in, I care that their whining and name calling is irritating the shit out of me.  I'm almost to the point of not caring.  Every time I see one of them whine about being a victim and needing the poor me attention, I care less and less.  Like, for real... zero fucks given.  Don't be ugly and call people names for having different views and then beg for their sympathy and compassion.  Desperation is not a good look.


Okay.  That's enough for now.  I've gotten a few things off my chest.  There's plenty more but I think this should do for now.


Wow, what if 2021 becomes the year Melanie unleashes and quits holding back?  Wouldn't that be something?  I don't think anyone is ready for that, not even me.