after leaving

Houston at 8:30pm on a Saturday, with an hour layover in London, we landed in Madrid around 4:00 Sunday evening.  It was all good because I knew we had plenty of time to catch the hotel's 5:30 shuttle from the airport to the hotel.  Our plan was to get to the hotel, change, head out for food and drinks, make our way to the bull fights, leave after I'd seen enough and then end the night watching the EURO 2012 finals at the stadium on a big screen with all the locals.  Okay, so we landed, found our suitcase, somehow managed to find an airport shuttle to the correct terminal and eventually found the right lounge.  So there we were, waiting for our shuttle... the shuttle that we waited and waited for.  I called the hotel to make sure we were in the right spot to catch the shuttle and that's when the lady let me know the shuttle driver had to leave early that day.  So we found a taxi.  Yes, basically we killed an hour and a half at the airport waiting for the free shuttle that would never come.  30 euros ($37) and approximately 15 minutes later,  we arrived at Hotel Atlantico

First thing I had to do was turn on the lights and air conditioner.  (It was central air but the thermostat would not even work until all the power would work.)  Luckily, I'd read up on things and knew in order for the power in your room to work, a key had to be inserted into this thing on the wall.
And then we had power.  Here are a couple of views of the room.

(A view from the bed towards the balcony)
And then there's the bathroom
It was a nice size with a pretty big shower and double sinks and a bidet just off camera to the right of the toilet.

Of course after getting the inside pics, I had to go out on the balcony to get those views.
Looking to the right
And to the left
I didn't take a picture of the front of the hotel so here's a screen shot of what they have on their website.  I circled our balcony.
Getting to Madrid and checking into the hotel seems like a good stopping point.  Next time I'll pick up with when we didn't go to the bull fight.

One more thing I'd like to share is a dessert I found on Pinterest.  I'm guessing everyone liked it because it was gone in less than 48 hours.  It's a pie crust laid flat with an apple mix on that then a crumble mix on that with caramel drizzled on top, basically an apple pie pizza.