i decided to make

refried beans on Saturday.I don't remember the weight of the package of pinto beans but it was just a regular bag on the shelf at Kroger. I started off putting 2 cups of beans in the pot. I thought for a second about a partial bag of beans being twist-tied in the pantry and the chance of those beans ever being used... so I just dumped all the beans in the pot. I really LOVE beans, especially refried. Do you know how much a bag of beans makes? A lot. By a lot, I mean more than enough for a family of three. So I have plenty of beans on hand. I guess Eric will have his bean, bacon & cheese breakfast tacos until he's totally burned out and the rest of the beans will have to be frozen. (Will that ruin the beans?)

Oh well, tonight I'll either make enchiladas or quesadillas and we'll have beans with that. By the way, I do know that making one cup of dry rice will be sufficient.

UPDATE: Not that anyone really cares but, breakfast? Beans and eggs. Yum.