chocolate anyone?


Cosme wants a chocolate cake with ice cream for his birthday. So, here's a milk chocolate cake with chocolate chips and a fudge-like icing (recipe from Mom). Now, I can either a)put the rest of the icing on the cake or b)call it done and save the extra for me! My strong psychic abilities are telling me you chose "b". Okay, fine, I will. Don't worry, we're not going to overdose on chocolate. I got vanilla ice cream...Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Time for two thumbs up..."Very Nice" (in my best Borat impression)-that was especially for Lauren because she loves Borat...not.

UPDATE: the icing is SOOO good. It thickens up and could be wrapped and sold as candy. I didn't put pecans in it so Eric would eat it, but a lump of that icing with a pecan in it...mmm.

ANOTHER UPDATE: yeah, that cake doesn't go so well with that icing. I wasn't too impressed with the whole cake situation. I made the milk chocolate version which called for a yellow cake mix, a vanilla pudding mix and a chocolate pudding mix. I'd made it once before and remember liking it okay, but not so much today.