it isn't so much

that I've been neglecting the blog, it's just that there hasn't been a whole lot going on.

-It got really cold then got back to normal.
-I made a roast.
-Eric started a new semester.
-Cosme flew us to Brenham.
-I made chili.
-I didn't get a pedicure.
-I ate too many pickles and paid the price... twice.
-I made brownies.

I think that's about it.

On the animal front, I have nothing to show or tell as far as Lucille goes but as for Strat, his head makes a nice resting place for a cell phone.

I went out the other day to move and stack firewood.  Maggie was following me as I stacked it on the patio.  I knew deep down I was wasting my time but I went on and got them all nice and neatly stacked.  In the middle of it all, we took a break to play fetch with her ball.  I could tell that she got tired of playing and wanted to keep stacking wood because on the last throw, instead of bringing the ball back to me, she went and put it on the stacked wood.  So we started hauling and stacking again.  The next morning I had more stacking to do.

I knew she'd start taking it all apart.  These are just a few of the ones she pulled out.  Oh well...

Yesterday I had to go sit outside just to enjoy the weather.  It was 70 degrees, sunny and pretty awesome.  Maggie washed my hands for me.



Then she stretched out so I could scratch her.

(She's real thoughtful like that.)  I have a feeling there will be a repeat of that today because it looks like today's weather will be equally awesome.

For now I'll face reality.  I need to do laundry and more importantly... don't judge me... seriously, don't judge... but I need to take my tree down.  Yes.  My Christmas tree is still up and decorated.  There.  I said it.  I'm not admitting to being weird or lazy but I just like it there.  (But no, I haven't been turning the lights on because what if somebody drove by and saw them all lit up in the middle of January!  Can you imagine?  So I've just been enjoying it without letting the passersby think I'm that neighbor.)  So while it's fresh on my mind, I'll go start disassembling.  (sigh)  I have to admit though, this warm, sunny weather makes it a little easier to take down.  Spring cleaning, HERE I COME!